27-12-2014, 10:58 AM
I seem to remember that back in the '50s the original Tygan, which was always called Tygan Fret, was Metal. Indeed I have an old Pye 49Y13 which has it.
No doubt in time they branched out into Plastic, and I suspect that the word became Generic.
I have to agree about Grill Cloth. I have a Pye 39J/H to which someone has fitted an absolutely awful piece. It looks more like a piece of Read Carpet. SWMBO won't have it in the House. I must do something about it because it's a splendid set.
Alan
No doubt in time they branched out into Plastic, and I suspect that the word became Generic.
I have to agree about Grill Cloth. I have a Pye 39J/H to which someone has fitted an absolutely awful piece. It looks more like a piece of Read Carpet. SWMBO won't have it in the House. I must do something about it because it's a splendid set.
Alan






