04-10-2014, 11:24 PM
It may well have been built with Thorn bits.
I will need to fix the funny mod where for some strange reason the builder has reversed the ends of the secondary winding that lead to the tags on the coil former.
I will have a quick look at getting it to go all the way to zero volts. This involves creating an extra regulated negative supply rail to reference the voltage sensor to. This only needs to source 100ma or so just like the adjust pin on an LM317 chip.
C1 and C2 will go to the newly created power ground and the extra supply will have its own decoupling capacitors on it.
I have found a free CAD package and got it going in an evening.
Now I have got the reverse engineering looking professional.
I will need to fix the funny mod where for some strange reason the builder has reversed the ends of the secondary winding that lead to the tags on the coil former.
I will have a quick look at getting it to go all the way to zero volts. This involves creating an extra regulated negative supply rail to reference the voltage sensor to. This only needs to source 100ma or so just like the adjust pin on an LM317 chip.
C1 and C2 will go to the newly created power ground and the extra supply will have its own decoupling capacitors on it.
I have found a free CAD package and got it going in an evening.
Now I have got the reverse engineering looking professional.







