03-10-2014, 08:46 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 08:05 AM by AlanBeckett.)
I think 'Rough' would about cover it 
Looking on the bright side I suspect it could be the basis of quite a decent PSU. There looks to be a good Transformer, a useful Case, holes for Meters and Terminals etc, so why not start again?
Al (skywave) has a Thread somewhere about building a Low Voltage PSU. You could use his Circuits as the starting point.
In a fit of enthusiasm last year I bought a small Valve-based PSU at Golborne. It's clearly home-made, and meant to supply small Valve Projects. It doesn't work properly and I've been pondering on whether to work out the Circuit and mend it or smply recycle the bits. One of these days .......
Alan

Looking on the bright side I suspect it could be the basis of quite a decent PSU. There looks to be a good Transformer, a useful Case, holes for Meters and Terminals etc, so why not start again?
Al (skywave) has a Thread somewhere about building a Low Voltage PSU. You could use his Circuits as the starting point.
In a fit of enthusiasm last year I bought a small Valve-based PSU at Golborne. It's clearly home-made, and meant to supply small Valve Projects. It doesn't work properly and I've been pondering on whether to work out the Circuit and mend it or smply recycle the bits. One of these days .......
Alan






