20-08-2014, 06:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2014, 09:53 PM by Old Sparky.)
I now have the radio powered from the correct PURE psu/charger, and it is charging the battery. AFAIK the display will only indicate that charging is taking place with the set switched on, when a 'filling/emptying' battery cell symbol appears along with the frequency to which the radio is tuned, but I've just removed the power supply & the cell symbol together with 100%, after maybe a minute, 99%, appears (with the radio switched on). The next thing, no doubt, is to check the off load Battery Voltage, then see how many hours operation on both FM & DAB can be had from the fully charged battery. After approx. 3 hours continuous running on the battery, the indicated capacity is 86%. On this basis the battery would be completely discharged afer about 21 hours, although, of course, the radio would cease to function somewhat earlier as the internal impedance of the battery increased and it's voltage dropped. From the foregoing I conclude that the radio charges the battery properly, whilst the latter is in good condition.






