13-08-2014, 10:03 AM
See pictures.
Looking at the adaptor, the "legacy" style connector is the white one, and the black one is SATA.
The other picture shows the connector end of the WD800JD. It looks like standard SATA to me. Personally, I find SATA connectors a bit of a fiddle - I tend to be fashionably late with computer technology, so have only recently started using SATA at home. Good light and a magnifier helps...
The "legacy" connector is on the right - looks like there is a cover that you need to prise off first... I suppose there is a chance that they dropped the pins (but kept the same moulding) to save cost.
Looking at the adaptor, the "legacy" style connector is the white one, and the black one is SATA.
The other picture shows the connector end of the WD800JD. It looks like standard SATA to me. Personally, I find SATA connectors a bit of a fiddle - I tend to be fashionably late with computer technology, so have only recently started using SATA at home. Good light and a magnifier helps...
The "legacy" connector is on the right - looks like there is a cover that you need to prise off first... I suppose there is a chance that they dropped the pins (but kept the same moulding) to save cost.







