17-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I think the 'same size and spec' means they are matching even if they are different makes, I've had a single tyre replaced during a recent MOT test with one of a different make.
But your query made me look on the web, and I saw the AA site
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/saf...tyres.html
which surpised me with this advice,
"Generally it's good practice to fit the best/newest tyres on the rear – in wet conditions, this favours understeer rather than oversteer."
If anyone had asked me I would have said the front wheels as they do the steering, the main braking and for probably on most cars the driving.
Shows how little I know as well.
John
But your query made me look on the web, and I saw the AA site
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/saf...tyres.html
which surpised me with this advice,
"Generally it's good practice to fit the best/newest tyres on the rear – in wet conditions, this favours understeer rather than oversteer."
If anyone had asked me I would have said the front wheels as they do the steering, the main braking and for probably on most cars the driving.
Shows how little I know as well.
John






