23-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Alan - 'Anglias' & their suspension struts. When I acquired my 'Anglia', the rust around the front suspension struts was the first thing that caught my eye. (The rust above the headlights came a close second). But I wasn't aware then of it being a 'known problem' with 'fixing kits' available. So I fashioned my own plates out of 18 s.w.g. mild steel and arc welded them in place. That would have been about 1976 - about same time as when yours went 'kerrumph'! 
Can you remember the registration number of your first car? The 'Anglia' was 8985 CR. It was Primrose yellow - the faded colour variety. It's funny how you never forget the little details of your first car - like you never forget those little details of your first girl-friend.
Al.

Can you remember the registration number of your first car? The 'Anglia' was 8985 CR. It was Primrose yellow - the faded colour variety. It's funny how you never forget the little details of your first car - like you never forget those little details of your first girl-friend.

Al.






