19-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I have a Canon MP560 all-in-one cheapo printer, David, and I print acetates with it for PCB work. I also have an elderly Canon iP5200 which prints acetates. I've never found any printer, Epson or Canon, to print transparencies well enough to give me total confidence for PCB masks, so I print at least two transparencies and tape or staple them together in accurate register. This procedure works well for me and I get good results. You can print a laser mask on ordinary paper and make it translucent by lightly spraying the back of the paper with WD40. This always worked for me in my school technology work and it was more economical than using transparencies, especially as I was helping whole classes full of boys with electronics GCSEs - lots and lots of PCB work.
I once tried the iron-on idea, but it was a failure. Obviously I was doing something wrong!
Tony
I once tried the iron-on idea, but it was a failure. Obviously I was doing something wrong!
Tony







