18-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes, that's what I thought.
If there was a missing piece of steel/iron I wonder if it might have been trapeziod shaped so that the angle of it's sloping sides would be equal to the angle of the sloping sides of the slot, that would give a greater magnetic area to the whole reed as presented to the slotted pole piece, it would be in effect another pole piece, the service sheet refers to adjusting the pole pieces, that implying that there is more than one, I will try and do a drawing to show what I mean. The bottom end of the screwed rod would extend below the main pole piece and be screwed into the trapeziod shaped pole piece.
Lawrence.
Lawrence.
If there was a missing piece of steel/iron I wonder if it might have been trapeziod shaped so that the angle of it's sloping sides would be equal to the angle of the sloping sides of the slot, that would give a greater magnetic area to the whole reed as presented to the slotted pole piece, it would be in effect another pole piece, the service sheet refers to adjusting the pole pieces, that implying that there is more than one, I will try and do a drawing to show what I mean. The bottom end of the screwed rod would extend below the main pole piece and be screwed into the trapeziod shaped pole piece.
Lawrence.
Lawrence.







