10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
This is a good usr for an RPi.
I use a few RPis mostly running NOOBS acting as standalone web clients. I love them.
Not a big fan of Arduinos partly because I dislike the dev environment and partly as I find PICs and AVRs very old fashioned and limited - MSP430s are the same cost and just in a completely different league wrt functionality and performance albeit more complex.
Most folk rip their CDs to a NAS box then serve that via UPnP/DLNA to a suitable client, e.g. an RPi. The CDR tends to be used for the rips only...
There are active threads on audio-talk on using RPis as media servers and clients - it's pretty easy as most of the commercial offerings are running some variant of embedded Linux too - I'll dig out the links when I get home...
I use a few RPis mostly running NOOBS acting as standalone web clients. I love them.
Not a big fan of Arduinos partly because I dislike the dev environment and partly as I find PICs and AVRs very old fashioned and limited - MSP430s are the same cost and just in a completely different league wrt functionality and performance albeit more complex.
Most folk rip their CDs to a NAS box then serve that via UPnP/DLNA to a suitable client, e.g. an RPi. The CDR tends to be used for the rips only...
There are active threads on audio-talk on using RPis as media servers and clients - it's pretty easy as most of the commercial offerings are running some variant of embedded Linux too - I'll dig out the links when I get home...
sıʌǝɹq ɐʇıʌ `ɐƃuol sɹɐ
ʞɔıu
ʞɔıu







