05-04-2014, 10:56 AM
All three coils now wound and installed. They won't win any prizes for beauty but their values are close enough to the originals. Next I need to fit the speaker and OP t/f assembly and wire it up.
I was thinking that now that I'm getting the hang of this cool winding I might have a go at making a coil to put in series with the speaker field coil since it's resistance is much lower than specified in the circuit diagram (300 Ohm instead of 3000 Ohm). I was going to use a capacitor/resistor combo but if a coil would be physically smaller it would be a better solution.
Time will tell.
Cheers, John
I was thinking that now that I'm getting the hang of this cool winding I might have a go at making a coil to put in series with the speaker field coil since it's resistance is much lower than specified in the circuit diagram (300 Ohm instead of 3000 Ohm). I was going to use a capacitor/resistor combo but if a coil would be physically smaller it would be a better solution.
Time will tell.
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







