Hi,
I can't believe I missed this; late last night just before logging off I noticed "and Yorkie" so had a quick look.
I've just completely read the thread and am delighted to congratulate you David from both Bron and me on being recipient of this fine award which is very well deserved; boy you kept this quiet?
I have been privileged to follow the router jig story from its inception through prototype stages into the excellent finished item which is so well thought out and useful. David kindly kept me fully updated with his thought pattern whilst sending pictures of work in progress. A great deal of thought has gone into the design and making of the jig plus many hours spent at the bench; the award could not have gone to a better or more deserving person and it gives me great personal pleasure to say "I told you so" David. As the jig evolved and was nearing completion I informed David that I was sure this jig would be put up for an award so yes I feel smug but also so pleased it's turned out as forecast. Good on you David a wonderful invention which will be so useful to so many for years to come.
I do agree with Big Al in that this jig is so out of the ordinary but so useful as to be worthy of this award; when it comes down to it there is actually very little regarding vintage radio/TV which has not been previously fully covered in great depth so such articles as David's unique jig really do come under the spotlight; it was very interesting for me just following the evolution of the jig.
Yes I like compressors David and the Aldi compressor I've seen in-store together with other decent low priced kit and had I not already owned compressors I think I would have been tempted to buy one. As Joe says though these compressors may not be the cheapest? I've seen brand new compressors for sale at Rufforth Auto Jumble and believe this 2.5hp size was being sold at £65 whereas a slightly smaller model was on sale at £55? I recently bought a brand new 3hp compressor through eBay for an astonishingly low price of £160 including delivery this being one of 300 on sale due to bankruptcy?
I didn't renew my BVWS subscriptions because of change of hobby a couple of years ago; I know Carl is always wanting articles and I wish "The Bulletin" would include a workshop section because many BVWS members have workshops then I would be more than happy to submit articles to Carl for consideration?
You've started something now David; how about submitting your current AC77 radio restoration as an article to Carl? It's highly likely BVWS members who do submit articles for inclusion in The Bulletin do so for interest alone giving no thought whatsoever to winning any award?
Kind regards, Col.
I can't believe I missed this; late last night just before logging off I noticed "and Yorkie" so had a quick look.
I've just completely read the thread and am delighted to congratulate you David from both Bron and me on being recipient of this fine award which is very well deserved; boy you kept this quiet?
I have been privileged to follow the router jig story from its inception through prototype stages into the excellent finished item which is so well thought out and useful. David kindly kept me fully updated with his thought pattern whilst sending pictures of work in progress. A great deal of thought has gone into the design and making of the jig plus many hours spent at the bench; the award could not have gone to a better or more deserving person and it gives me great personal pleasure to say "I told you so" David. As the jig evolved and was nearing completion I informed David that I was sure this jig would be put up for an award so yes I feel smug but also so pleased it's turned out as forecast. Good on you David a wonderful invention which will be so useful to so many for years to come.
I do agree with Big Al in that this jig is so out of the ordinary but so useful as to be worthy of this award; when it comes down to it there is actually very little regarding vintage radio/TV which has not been previously fully covered in great depth so such articles as David's unique jig really do come under the spotlight; it was very interesting for me just following the evolution of the jig.
Yes I like compressors David and the Aldi compressor I've seen in-store together with other decent low priced kit and had I not already owned compressors I think I would have been tempted to buy one. As Joe says though these compressors may not be the cheapest? I've seen brand new compressors for sale at Rufforth Auto Jumble and believe this 2.5hp size was being sold at £65 whereas a slightly smaller model was on sale at £55? I recently bought a brand new 3hp compressor through eBay for an astonishingly low price of £160 including delivery this being one of 300 on sale due to bankruptcy?
I didn't renew my BVWS subscriptions because of change of hobby a couple of years ago; I know Carl is always wanting articles and I wish "The Bulletin" would include a workshop section because many BVWS members have workshops then I would be more than happy to submit articles to Carl for consideration?
You've started something now David; how about submitting your current AC77 radio restoration as an article to Carl? It's highly likely BVWS members who do submit articles for inclusion in The Bulletin do so for interest alone giving no thought whatsoever to winning any award?
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







