19-03-2014, 05:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2014, 05:28 PM by Radio Fixer.)
That isn't always true Robert. I was at the AGM a couple of years ago and Peter Lankshear down in NZ won one of the awards and I'm sure it did appear in the Bulletin.
The other award, and I forget the title, is awarded only occasionally for an outstanding contribution to radio and TV history or collections (open to members) that are something really special . This year the award was given to Steve Harris (On the Air) who used to have a great museum in Chester. It was mainly TV orientated with working early cameras and was Steve's background. It was bought up by the BBC in the end as they hadn't bothered to save anything !! I think myself lucky to have seen it before it went who knows where?
Anyway, back to the present the award was for saving two outside broadcast vans, one mono and one colour (if my hearing hasn't let me down !) from the scrapyard. One was saved almost at the day it was off to the crusher. I expect one day they will be working again and hopefully be an exhibit at the NVCF or somewhere. The main thing the crusher didn't get them so well done Steve.
Gary
The other award, and I forget the title, is awarded only occasionally for an outstanding contribution to radio and TV history or collections (open to members) that are something really special . This year the award was given to Steve Harris (On the Air) who used to have a great museum in Chester. It was mainly TV orientated with working early cameras and was Steve's background. It was bought up by the BBC in the end as they hadn't bothered to save anything !! I think myself lucky to have seen it before it went who knows where?
Anyway, back to the present the award was for saving two outside broadcast vans, one mono and one colour (if my hearing hasn't let me down !) from the scrapyard. One was saved almost at the day it was off to the crusher. I expect one day they will be working again and hopefully be an exhibit at the NVCF or somewhere. The main thing the crusher didn't get them so well done Steve.
Gary







