18-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi,
Now that is what I would call a gorgeous set Gary; the cabinet is stunning in its beauty and is far superior to Bakelite cabinets which I believe to be dull by comparison. What a truly wonderful addition to your growing collection. Restored to perfection which over the years has become your trademark; very well done indeed Gary it just couldn't have turned out better. You will be hard pressed to better this in future restorations?
It was your exemplary restorations in "The Bulletin" which started me off on radio restoration Gary and I wonder how many more novices you inspired to have a go?
Taking digital images is fine and obviously better than nothing but these images do not give a 3D view which is so important when components cross or bury each other; detailed sketches and notes as work progresses is the better way to go and once stripped it's quite easy to follow the sketches and notes in reverse order once re-assembly begins?
An inspiration to us all Gary thanks for sharing.
Kind regards, Col.
Now that is what I would call a gorgeous set Gary; the cabinet is stunning in its beauty and is far superior to Bakelite cabinets which I believe to be dull by comparison. What a truly wonderful addition to your growing collection. Restored to perfection which over the years has become your trademark; very well done indeed Gary it just couldn't have turned out better. You will be hard pressed to better this in future restorations?
It was your exemplary restorations in "The Bulletin" which started me off on radio restoration Gary and I wonder how many more novices you inspired to have a go?
Taking digital images is fine and obviously better than nothing but these images do not give a 3D view which is so important when components cross or bury each other; detailed sketches and notes as work progresses is the better way to go and once stripped it's quite easy to follow the sketches and notes in reverse order once re-assembly begins?
An inspiration to us all Gary thanks for sharing.
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







