18-03-2014, 05:12 PM
(18-03-2014, 04:45 PM)pwdrive Wrote: I like the pro drawings Gary, very good.
Lawrence.
Makes my humble efforts using MS Paint look rather pathetic.

Really, for the sort of sets that Gary tackles, a drawing of the layout is essential. I know that people often say 'just follow the circuit' or 'take some pics' but even on the relatively simple AC77 that I'm on with, it's easy to lose track of things. What's more, with rarer and complex sets it's not like getting stuck with a problem on commonplace simple set like a DAC90A. (Post a query - get 20 answers). Get stuck on a set like an AK308 - who are you going to ask? Talk to the wall!
I'm not sure how many forum members are BVWS members or get to see the Bulletin, but those that do only have to look at Gary's 11-page article in the Winder 2013 Bulletin on restoring a 1935 'Integra Model 36' to realise that without a detailed drawing it would be a hopeless task. Gary made two detailed drawings of the chassis layout and the wiring of the switch, coils and trimmers.
As to 'Corel Draw v lathes' Gary, all I can say is that 'a man's gotta know his limitations' - you keep drawing - I'll keep turning, but if push came to shove, I think your efforts on a lathe would trump my efforts at drawing! I keep thinking I might invest in the 'Home & Student' Corel Draw package, but after dabbling with other CAD packages, I fear that it would be yet another indication that I probably suffer from as yet undiagnosed ADHD, or the early onset of something I'd rather not think about!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







