10-03-2014, 12:58 PM
My old Avo All Wave was used ok for alignment, never had no problems, no frequency counter back then for me when I was employed in the trade, just an Avo 8, Advance E2, soldering iron and some knowledge.
I did have an old Yaesu Nixie counter at one point but never used it much except when experimenting with home brew stuff etc.
These days I normally check the generators accuracy against known transmission frequencies such as WWV etc or a 500 khz Xtal marker, absolute accuracy isn't that critical for most radio alignment jobs.
Lawrence.
I did have an old Yaesu Nixie counter at one point but never used it much except when experimenting with home brew stuff etc.
These days I normally check the generators accuracy against known transmission frequencies such as WWV etc or a 500 khz Xtal marker, absolute accuracy isn't that critical for most radio alignment jobs.
Lawrence.







