26-02-2014, 03:55 PM
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2014, 04:04 PM by Radio Fixer.)
In your situation David compatibles is obviously the only way to go. You must print a lot more than me. Most of my stuff goes onto video DVDs.
Time wise the cartridges seem to last me ages ... maybe a set every 9 months possibly more, far enough apart that I don't even think about it.
I guess the A3 will use a lot of ink but I didn't buy it to do many pictures but mainly for colour line drawings. I had to try some A3 photo prints though and the results are superb. Some of these will go into existing frames with new mounts. Time to change some of the old ski ones now that we cant go any more. So possibly cheaper than having them made at a photo place and I like the control and being able to tweak. A set of 5 genuine cartridge for the Canon is £52.
Good technology to have under the bench though.
Everything costs ...
Hey Ho!
No tips with the printer. Good luck ...
Gary
Time wise the cartridges seem to last me ages ... maybe a set every 9 months possibly more, far enough apart that I don't even think about it.
I guess the A3 will use a lot of ink but I didn't buy it to do many pictures but mainly for colour line drawings. I had to try some A3 photo prints though and the results are superb. Some of these will go into existing frames with new mounts. Time to change some of the old ski ones now that we cant go any more. So possibly cheaper than having them made at a photo place and I like the control and being able to tweak. A set of 5 genuine cartridge for the Canon is £52.
Good technology to have under the bench though.
Everything costs ...
Hey Ho!
No tips with the printer. Good luck ...
Gary







