16-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I used to own a Mk2 Fiesta, nothing fancy as I used to buzz around London so a 4 speed box fitted to a 1 litre Kent pushrod engine was fine. However, the car was made in Germany, and was half metric, half imperial. I went off of Ford when over a two week period I needed a new clutch (at 25k), new water pump due to bearing collapse, new front shocks due to premature wear, new radiator as it was half metal / plastic and just fell apart, new front to back exhaust (which fell into a pile of parts as the holding bolts were removed) and finally, the sparks had rotted into the head causing grief when changing. All I ever did with a Ford was put my hand into my pocket on a continuous basis. I swore I'd never buy a Ford again and so far I'm true to my word.
Second brand on my s blank blank t list is Nissan, just for having the turbocharger on a T30 engine cut loose at speed, throwing bits into the engine and killing it in the process. Nissan's attitude stank even though there was an extended warranty on the turbo due to known issues and that they felt that the car was life expired at 75k. Never again.
And the best car I've had so far? Of all things, a Rover 200 SDi turbodiesel. Comfy, decent lick of speed, reliable, I regretted letting that one go for a 25 which had been cheapened by BMW and in the end turned out to be a rust bucket.
Second brand on my s blank blank t list is Nissan, just for having the turbocharger on a T30 engine cut loose at speed, throwing bits into the engine and killing it in the process. Nissan's attitude stank even though there was an extended warranty on the turbo due to known issues and that they felt that the car was life expired at 75k. Never again.
And the best car I've had so far? Of all things, a Rover 200 SDi turbodiesel. Comfy, decent lick of speed, reliable, I regretted letting that one go for a 25 which had been cheapened by BMW and in the end turned out to be a rust bucket.







