14-02-2014, 04:30 PM
(14-02-2014, 03:38 PM)Radio Fixer Wrote: Was wood ...
Gary
Yes, definitely tree wood!

Basically, a Wendy House on wheels.
Not content with designing a car with wings that rusted through, they confounded the felony by adding woodwork which got wet rot and served no useful purpose.
It was ash actually, as are the frames in Morgan cars.
(Fascinating thing about Morgan cars is that if the owner crashes one, it goes back to the factory and the same guy who built it repairs it). Interesting factory to have a tour round is Morgan. No power tools - the ash frames are all fashioned by hand with planes and spokeshaves, brace and bits, screwdrivers, and hand-held sandpaper. Or at least they were when I went round some years ago. They don't do anything for me, but it's wonderful to see someone with a few hammers and a pair of tinsnips cut out and fashion a wing from a piece of mild steel sheet, marked out in chalk using a template. No ten ton presses - just skill, hand tools and a good eye.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







