09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
It is the way it is.
You have to keep sets for a long time while keeping an eye on the prices if you are going to sell them if only for what you paid.
I have spotted a mono block amplifier that I have examples of selling for several hundred pounds.
They make such a nice HIFI that I will not part with them now they are restored. It took 30 years for them to gain any value.
With smaller sets I have recently saved a Bush just like the one you are selling as restored for free after being offered for a week or so on another forum. It came with a pile of shop clear out BER transistor portable sets.
As I am a bit more technical these will be enough of a challenge to keep me interested.
For the last week or so I have been tinkering with 1980s video cameras with built in lens motor circuits and these are a hard core challenge and I feel that the thread best be posted in a forum that has an active enough TV section that there will be any interest at all.
The art is in picking a challenge that fits your skills. If you go on collecting sets after you have worked out all the challenges they put before you there interest will begin to fade.
You have to keep sets for a long time while keeping an eye on the prices if you are going to sell them if only for what you paid.
I have spotted a mono block amplifier that I have examples of selling for several hundred pounds.
They make such a nice HIFI that I will not part with them now they are restored. It took 30 years for them to gain any value.
With smaller sets I have recently saved a Bush just like the one you are selling as restored for free after being offered for a week or so on another forum. It came with a pile of shop clear out BER transistor portable sets.
As I am a bit more technical these will be enough of a challenge to keep me interested.
For the last week or so I have been tinkering with 1980s video cameras with built in lens motor circuits and these are a hard core challenge and I feel that the thread best be posted in a forum that has an active enough TV section that there will be any interest at all.
The art is in picking a challenge that fits your skills. If you go on collecting sets after you have worked out all the challenges they put before you there interest will begin to fade.







