06-02-2014, 06:23 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM by Radio Fixer.)
Some very useful stuff here for me. Point taken that if they get in they are going to take the DVD recorder. Don't know about upload to somewhere else. And I don't even have a phone capable of taking emails. What do I do about it if I'm thousands of miles away anyway?
it just gets so complicated. I suppose the DVD recorder could get hidden away or even be in a strong box.
Maybe for a home, without outbuildings, and not in a rural area, then even a basic system does provide some protection. The idea is to make your place less attractive to target than someone else's. Sound harsh buts that's the reality.
This site provides some interesting info: http://www.cctv42.co.uk/camera-buying-guide.aspx
Not Ethernet but Cat 5 cable.
thanks, keep the ideas and comments coming
Gary
it just gets so complicated. I suppose the DVD recorder could get hidden away or even be in a strong box.
Maybe for a home, without outbuildings, and not in a rural area, then even a basic system does provide some protection. The idea is to make your place less attractive to target than someone else's. Sound harsh buts that's the reality.
This site provides some interesting info: http://www.cctv42.co.uk/camera-buying-guide.aspx
Not Ethernet but Cat 5 cable.
thanks, keep the ideas and comments coming
Gary







