(27-12-2013, 04:43 PM)Radio Fixer Wrote: Thanks Lawrence.
Did you look into construction: how they are stiffened etc?
Maybe if I bring this to the top again David will let me know his experiences. I see he is back on the Forum no doubt after a family break.
Gary
No I didn't Gary, but when I drilled the fixing holes through the frames there was certainly metal inside although I didn't bother to examine the swarf to see what kind of metal it was.
The window sills were only reinforced by their own internal UPVC webs.
If DIY fixing then make sure that packers are fitted between the frame and the wall at the fixing points otherwise the frame will still bend if the fixings are over tightened even though the frame is reinforced.
Lawrence. [EDIT: Correction, the sills were metal reinforced but only in the section that is directly under the window frame, the part of the sill that projects in front of the window is as described previously] Here's a link to some Rehau guff, scroll down and you will see some section drawings showing the various reinforcing arrangements:
http://www.rehau.com/linkableblob/GB_en/...s-data.pdf







