21-12-2013, 04:10 PM
(21-12-2013, 08:55 AM)Radio Fixer Wrote: Whoops! that rating is at 100 KHz David. At 120Hz they are rated at 190 and 480 mA.
Gary
So it is. Careless of me - I'd assumed the two columns were based on the ripple from a full wave rectifier at either 50 Hz or 60 Hz AC mains. Ideal for multi-section caps. Sometimes it's possible to stuff two caps in a can, but many cans are small and have three sections. I'm amazed that they can get sufficient capacitance in such a small package, with dielectric strong enough for high voltage ratings and ripple current. As I have few radios that are of any great value, so I'd have no qualms at using these. Time moves on and no doubt they're infinitely more reliable than the originals. (Ideal for little sets such as the Pye R33 etc).
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







