29-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Keith.
Nice neat front panel. I think that panels such as those were made by a photographic technique which was popular for a while. I have a variable voltage bench power supply with a front panel made in that fashion.
I was never keen on SRBP as a substrate for printed circuits as was the norm for many years on radios, TVs, test gear and so on, until glass fibre took over. The copper tracks quickly lift from the SRBP when heat is applied however much care is taken.
Thanks to you too Jim, for your erudite explanation of 'PF' - Power Factor. When I initially saw that on the front panel I thought it alluded to picoFarad until it's real meaning was explained.
Nice neat front panel. I think that panels such as those were made by a photographic technique which was popular for a while. I have a variable voltage bench power supply with a front panel made in that fashion.
I was never keen on SRBP as a substrate for printed circuits as was the norm for many years on radios, TVs, test gear and so on, until glass fibre took over. The copper tracks quickly lift from the SRBP when heat is applied however much care is taken.
Thanks to you too Jim, for your erudite explanation of 'PF' - Power Factor. When I initially saw that on the front panel I thought it alluded to picoFarad until it's real meaning was explained.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







