24-11-2013, 03:34 PM
(20-11-2013, 08:23 PM)ppppenguin Wrote: I think that Neff is using the wrong vowel. They are overhyped, overpriced and overcomplicated. I've met a few of their domestic appliances and the biggest problem is that you seem to need a degree in Neffness to be able to use them. You shouldn't need to RTFM to use an oven.
For major appliances I'll probably choose between Bosch, Miele (very good but expensive), AEG or Siemens. Zanussi washing machines are pretty good too.
The moral of this story is to buy from John Lewis when reasonable to do so. While you get the occasional horror story their reputation for customer service is excellent.
PS: Seems that Hoover have taken over the remains of Baumatic http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/11/hoov...nd-341021/
Something that makes very good reading is this site:
http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/about...ation.html
Just click on the name of the appliance manufacturer and you might just be surprised! For example, AEG .... really Electroloux rebadged. Neff - part of the Bosch Group and hence BSH Group. Having had the replacement Neff oven for a day so far, I find the instructions and controls very straightforward. They rate alongside Bosch and Siemens appliances we have had in the past.
Colin






