23-11-2013, 06:26 PM
OK, so here is what the bezel looks like. Using paint this is as close as I can get it. At one stage I tried to shoot some clear coat on top of the gold hoping it would give that extra gloss. It backfired - looks like the clear reacted with the gold and the result was a dull yellow colour. Back to the drawing board (well the masking tape!).
I'll let this harden up for a few days then I'll put it all back together. Fitting the bezel means taking the whole set apart again so I'll do it just once and take care of all the remaining cosmetic work on the cab - brightwork, speaker cloth, etc.
Still, looks better than when I started......
Cheers, John
I'll let this harden up for a few days then I'll put it all back together. Fitting the bezel means taking the whole set apart again so I'll do it just once and take care of all the remaining cosmetic work on the cab - brightwork, speaker cloth, etc.
Still, looks better than when I started......
Cheers, John
Time flies like an arrow, fruitflies like a banana!







