11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Ed, regarding your talk on making single to three phase converters did you give out notes to the audience, if so could I have a copy. Prior to inverters being readily available and at a reasonable cost, I made several converters for my local model engineering friends. I used 1-1 isolating transformers and paper dielectric capacitors ex power factor correction units. On a couple I used an old motor to make it into a rotary type of converter which worked well. The transformer were obtained from mobile rally's, which are now almost a thing of the past. I would just like to compare my circuit with yours, not making any more as inverters is the way to go, unless unless some one has a machine with a special 415 volt multi speed motor. I am wary of attempting to reconnect a two speed motor from 415 star to 240 delta, sorting out the connections for reversing in star is bad enough.
I was given yet another faulty micro yesterday with a good transformer. A few years ago I bought a transformer for £32 pounds to fix a micro, now you can buy a new one for about the same price. Ted
I was given yet another faulty micro yesterday with a good transformer. A few years ago I bought a transformer for £32 pounds to fix a micro, now you can buy a new one for about the same price. Ted







