09-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Re the dishwasher, we just don't create enough crocs to make it worthwhile, and in any event, we still use the Denby Greenwheat which we've had since we got married in 1962, which needless to say, isn't dishwasher proof. It isn't a question of being and old dog (which I am!), not wishing to learn new tricks - it's just that a dishwasher doesn't fit with our lifestyle. A microwave porridge bowl, Two cereal dishes, spoons and teacups for breakfast - a five minute job to wash and dry. A sandwich and cup of tea or coffee for lunch. Evening meal is usually pasta, risotto, fish (cod loin, salmon or tuna steaks etc), home made soups, etc. Never any baking - don't eat cakes and pastries, don't eat much bread, (shop bought), never have traditional Sunday lunches at home (IE, joints of meat).
The microwave gets used occasionally for veg - broccoli, carrots etc. If we're in a hurry, for jacket spuds, which we much prefer to be baked in the oven.
We don't have a settled lifestyle, spend a lot of time away from home and eat out at least a couple of times a week, sometimes more. We walk a lot on the Wolds and that means a packed lunch - no washing up!. At present we're in London with our elder son and his family, where the diishwasher fills up in minutes with seven of us in the house! I just don't like leaving crockery in the dishwasher all day with food on it, so I'd end up washing the food off before I put the dishes in the washer. For the few dishes, cups and utensils we use it would take almost as long to load and unload as it does to wash up after each use.
As to how big the dishwasher is, I haven't a clue - it hides behind a door front in the built-in kitchen units which never gets opened from one year to the next. I suppose it could be described as an 'N.O.S. dishwasher'! Just a waste of space really.
The microwave gets used occasionally for veg - broccoli, carrots etc. If we're in a hurry, for jacket spuds, which we much prefer to be baked in the oven.
We don't have a settled lifestyle, spend a lot of time away from home and eat out at least a couple of times a week, sometimes more. We walk a lot on the Wolds and that means a packed lunch - no washing up!. At present we're in London with our elder son and his family, where the diishwasher fills up in minutes with seven of us in the house! I just don't like leaving crockery in the dishwasher all day with food on it, so I'd end up washing the food off before I put the dishes in the washer. For the few dishes, cups and utensils we use it would take almost as long to load and unload as it does to wash up after each use.
As to how big the dishwasher is, I haven't a clue - it hides behind a door front in the built-in kitchen units which never gets opened from one year to the next. I suppose it could be described as an 'N.O.S. dishwasher'! Just a waste of space really.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







