05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
(04-11-2013, 06:48 PM)Keithstv Wrote: Having considered the two options I gave, I think the PSU one would A) be easier for me to put together and B) more useful to the audience.
Keith
As to 'A' above, having attended both talks (test gear last year, alignment this year), and downloaded the notes, it's evident just how much preparation went into the talks, and then setting up the equipment. As to 'B', I can only speak for myself, but I found the talks interesting, informative, and useful, and this year, with no fire alarm to disrupt proceedings, only a couple left a bit early, which I think speaks for itself, especially given that all seats were taken and the talk lasted about 1.5 Hrs.
I'm sure that a talk on power supplies, (maybe half wave/full wave rectification, smoothing/reservoir caps, LF chokes, direct/indirectly coupled cathode rectifiers and so forth), would go down well.
Certainly from my perspective, the talk makes the visit more worthwhile, given that an hour or so browsing and everything has been seen and some visitors start to drift off.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







