05-11-2013, 08:14 AM
(04-11-2013, 09:17 PM)pwdrive Wrote: So far as I am aware the PF is proportional to difference between the impedance of the capacitor and it's reactance.
The test frequency is fixed so the higher the capacitance under test the lower it's reactance therefore the PF becomes more apparent and measurable.
I think a PF of 100% would suggest a perfect capacitor which doesn't exist.
Any corrections or additions to the above are welcome as my theory is a bit rusty...
The PF and Balance control will inter act, adjust both repeatedly for sharpest null then read off scales, it's a similar set up to the Marconi TF2700 bridge.
Lawrence.
Thanks Lawrence - I've now read the user instructions, (as posted above), which I should have done in the first place! It confirms what you say about how to adjust the controls.
Many thanks for your interest and advice.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







