04-11-2013, 10:10 PM
(04-11-2013, 09:59 PM)AlanBeckett Wrote: Bobsy,
Have you found a Circuit then?
That looks like a Zener across the Intensity Pot to limit the Voltage across it. If it's dead 1N5374A would probably suffice.
Alan
Just a little singed! lol - Motivated me into buying a fluke ! I think I solved my problem that's why I'm returning to share

No schematics for my DT-520 however I spotted this schematic for the DT-410 (see attachment) which has given me all the clues I need.
It seems the Diode is a 'Zener 75v' straddling the intensity Pot (limiting the max voltage across the pot), which means the Cap (rated 250v on my DT-520) is pretty safe & connects to 'Centre' post on Pot! The cap looks like it is limiting noise on the output.
I'm just awaiting delivery of the Zener & am very hopeful at this point.
I'm glad I never gave up on this - When you grab a Tiger by the Tail its sometimes best not to let go!






