30-10-2013, 12:14 AM
I took the set and the receipt to customer services and was duly supplied with a replacement. The replacement does work very much better.
I ran through the bands and it works quite well for what it is.
Others have said that they work fine and this replacement set does. The duff set was just one of those things that happen and customer services did not make a fuss once they had seen the receipt.
The MW and LW are on a par with the TR82 all be it a little shrill with the 2 inch speaker and the FM is much the same.
The short wave bands are fine too and they for some reason pulled in stations from the US for a short time around dusk along with many from Europe and even the far east. I will spend a few hours over the winter in different rooms and in warm spells in the loft for a raised antenna location for a feed to my vintage sets this being one of the tasks it was bought for.
It looks tiny compared with the TR82
The Murphy I intend to compare the short wave with even makes the TR82 look small
They are not bad value really for £8 and it will be a useful tool for the odd jobs I have found for it.
I ran through the bands and it works quite well for what it is.
Others have said that they work fine and this replacement set does. The duff set was just one of those things that happen and customer services did not make a fuss once they had seen the receipt.
The MW and LW are on a par with the TR82 all be it a little shrill with the 2 inch speaker and the FM is much the same.
The short wave bands are fine too and they for some reason pulled in stations from the US for a short time around dusk along with many from Europe and even the far east. I will spend a few hours over the winter in different rooms and in warm spells in the loft for a raised antenna location for a feed to my vintage sets this being one of the tasks it was bought for.
It looks tiny compared with the TR82

The Murphy I intend to compare the short wave with even makes the TR82 look small

They are not bad value really for £8 and it will be a useful tool for the odd jobs I have found for it.







