A lucky stroke it being is Sheffield Joe!
I bet that if you do grab it, you won't have the heart to rob it of its speaker - you'll have an irresistible urge to bring this delightful little set back to its former glory! Speakers are far easier to come by than complete R33s, even though it is in a sorry state. I can't imagine that there'll be many bidders given it's poor cosmetic condition and the fact that it only gets R5 Live.
On my honour, I promise not to enter a bidding war for it!
The R33 must surely be one of the last valve sets, given that it was introduced about the same time as Bush TR82s and Roberts R200s.
Great little set to work on, and very lively. The auto-transformer ensures that it runs much cooler than sets which use a dropper resistor.
Incidentally, though the R&TV circuit calls the solid state metal rectifier 'MR1', the maker's own data sheet refers to it as 'V4' as does the ERT Sheet!
I bet that if you do grab it, you won't have the heart to rob it of its speaker - you'll have an irresistible urge to bring this delightful little set back to its former glory! Speakers are far easier to come by than complete R33s, even though it is in a sorry state. I can't imagine that there'll be many bidders given it's poor cosmetic condition and the fact that it only gets R5 Live.
On my honour, I promise not to enter a bidding war for it!

The R33 must surely be one of the last valve sets, given that it was introduced about the same time as Bush TR82s and Roberts R200s.
Great little set to work on, and very lively. The auto-transformer ensures that it runs much cooler than sets which use a dropper resistor.
Incidentally, though the R&TV circuit calls the solid state metal rectifier 'MR1', the maker's own data sheet refers to it as 'V4' as does the ERT Sheet!
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







