11-10-2013, 05:52 PM
These are superb. Probably brighter than a 50W halogen. Nice colour. Good beam angle with optional lenses for different beam angles.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFRD12WW.html
I have them in my kitchen and office. Not doing much MW/LW so can't comment on interference. I note price has dropped slightly since I bought mine. I'm reckoning on a 4 year payback time.
Beware of plug in GU10 LED replacements that claim 50W equivalent. Most (all?) don't come anywhere near. Or have narrow beam angle or horrible colour.
The stuff about the waste heat from lamps contributing to heating is of limited truth. Firstly it's a total waste out of heating season. Secondly it uuaully puts heat where you don't want it up at ceiling level.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTFRD12WW.html
I have them in my kitchen and office. Not doing much MW/LW so can't comment on interference. I note price has dropped slightly since I bought mine. I'm reckoning on a 4 year payback time.
Beware of plug in GU10 LED replacements that claim 50W equivalent. Most (all?) don't come anywhere near. Or have narrow beam angle or horrible colour.
The stuff about the waste heat from lamps contributing to heating is of limited truth. Firstly it's a total waste out of heating season. Secondly it uuaully puts heat where you don't want it up at ceiling level.
www.borinsky.co.uk Jeffrey Borinsky www.becg.tv







