29-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I Have or should I say had a sat nav thingy 7" screen made in China loaded with iGO software, It did all sorts of thing apart from Nav. Music from USB memory to FM stereo radio. Viva Voice over bluetooth for mobiles, playback of videos etc. etc. and all for 60 quid. Only drawback was the rather poor illumination of the screen.
I fitted a bracket in the car to hold it, upgraded the maps and decided to open it to try and improve the illumination. Opening was not a problem even opening the screen assy. My downfall was in removing a tiny piece of what appeared to be sellotape attached to the bottom of the screen with a loose end. On removing it the screen went blank with just a few vertical striations. Removing the tape had removed the super fine tracks on the glass of the screen. I must now order one from China for about 25 pounds and wait up to 6 weeks. You live and learn.....................
Mike
I fitted a bracket in the car to hold it, upgraded the maps and decided to open it to try and improve the illumination. Opening was not a problem even opening the screen assy. My downfall was in removing a tiny piece of what appeared to be sellotape attached to the bottom of the screen with a loose end. On removing it the screen went blank with just a few vertical striations. Removing the tape had removed the super fine tracks on the glass of the screen. I must now order one from China for about 25 pounds and wait up to 6 weeks. You live and learn.....................
Mike






