21-09-2013, 06:22 PM
(21-09-2013, 09:41 AM)Geaney Wrote:(15-09-2013, 04:31 PM)AlanBeckett Wrote: It looks like you'll need David's Comb Jointing Jig.
The other half of the Catch could be tricky.
Alan
I don't seem to be able to find David's original post re the jig - all help appreciated. I'ver got the bridge working so now I'll be starting to make the replacement lid.
CHeers, John
I can't find it either John - the post may go back to 'GF1' when 'absent friends' caused the forum to 'crash and burn' before it was resurrected and put back on a sound footing. If so, even if the post is tucked away somewhere on the forum, the pics would have been lost from the post in any event. I'll post some pics and an explanation under the woodwork section of the forum.
The jig is simple to make from scrap offcuts, and a cheapo DIY router is fine - anything else for such a lightly loaded task is overkill. I keep a cheapo router fixed to the jig all the time, with a 6mm (1/4") straight shanked bit in it ready for use. To cut each slot takes just a few seconds. (In use, the jig is held in a woodturning vice). It would be fine for making a new top for your cabinet.
Hope that helps.
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







