04-09-2013, 02:55 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013, 06:45 PM by Robert Darwent.)
Hi John,
I've four Telefunken Bajazzo's in my collection, 3 x 56s and a 58, but yet to own a 55. However, they are basically all the same except for minor circuit differences and cosmetic changes.
All my sets were in reasonable order and really only needed a thorough clean, so I resisted the temptation to re-cap and have (so far) left them all original.
They share a good deal in common with the Philips Colette and Clipper models from the same period, so take a look at the attached pdf of a restoration I did a few years ago. It may give you a few pointers with yours.
Best regards
I've four Telefunken Bajazzo's in my collection, 3 x 56s and a 58, but yet to own a 55. However, they are basically all the same except for minor circuit differences and cosmetic changes.
All my sets were in reasonable order and really only needed a thorough clean, so I resisted the temptation to re-cap and have (so far) left them all original.
They share a good deal in common with the Philips Colette and Clipper models from the same period, so take a look at the attached pdf of a restoration I did a few years ago. It may give you a few pointers with yours.
Best regards







