24-08-2013, 02:58 PM
(24-08-2013, 02:31 PM)boiss Wrote: When I was experimenting with my yet to be finished wireless charger I found this calculator to be very good with air cored self supporting coils.
http://www.66pacific.com/calculators/coil_calc.aspx
Mike
Hi Mike, yes that's the one I always used, it's on my favourites bar,
I will check the recent one I posted out in practical terms when I get more organized, at the moment I have no way of measuring Q.
I'm hoping Santa will bring me a 'scope for xmas as that will enable me to find out more.
Not made my mind up yet though, I could go second hand or new.
If new then the only choice for me is the low end 'scopes, that leaves me with two choices either digital or analogue but I need at least 30 Mhz bandwidth.
For analogue (CRT displays) the Hameg HM400 is still available as are a few GW Instek models.
There's loads of low end digital types available but I am not so sure of their resolution and functional capabilities at 30 Mhz.
Second hand....not sure...I don't want to end up with an old dog that I will have to service.
Lawrence.







