21-08-2013, 04:35 PM
O.K., Joe, perhaps it's just me then
- but I felt that his enthusiasm (if that's what it was) was of such a magnitude that it seemed to cloud his thinking and made for a 'jumpy' and poorly-constructed presentation. Perhaps I should mention that during my working life I once held the post of the company's technical instructor, delivering courses to staff and customer-engineers alike: the preparation and rehearsal of lectures were essential to ensure a smooth, error-free performance. It was a job I really enjoyed, but it was hard work, and yes, it had its compensations, such as plenty of world-wide travel. I suppose that I am essentially using that experience as a yard-stick here.
But then again, I always wanted to be a teacher.
As for dBs versus arithmetical and percentage ratios, don't overlook the essential and useful feature of working with decibels: that of being able to add (or subtract) to determine the end result, as opposed to a similar chain of calculations but which involve multiplication (or division).
Al. / Aug. 20, 2013 //
- but I felt that his enthusiasm (if that's what it was) was of such a magnitude that it seemed to cloud his thinking and made for a 'jumpy' and poorly-constructed presentation. Perhaps I should mention that during my working life I once held the post of the company's technical instructor, delivering courses to staff and customer-engineers alike: the preparation and rehearsal of lectures were essential to ensure a smooth, error-free performance. It was a job I really enjoyed, but it was hard work, and yes, it had its compensations, such as plenty of world-wide travel. I suppose that I am essentially using that experience as a yard-stick here.
But then again, I always wanted to be a teacher.As for dBs versus arithmetical and percentage ratios, don't overlook the essential and useful feature of working with decibels: that of being able to add (or subtract) to determine the end result, as opposed to a similar chain of calculations but which involve multiplication (or division).
Al. / Aug. 20, 2013 //






