06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Weather couldn't be better Al!
Bearing in mind the events of June 1944, it's quite surreal to see families on the golden beaches, and windsurfers all enjoying themselves in the sun in sight of huge gun batteries and concrete bunkers. Got on the coach in Hull on Monday at 4am, arrived at the hotel 21.30pm - rather that than to have had to arrived here in a landing craft under a hail of fire!
There's a veteran of the Seaforth Highlanders on the trip, kitted out in all his Scottish rig-out. He went on the beach and started playing his bagpipes, shattering the peace and scattering the French in all directions!
David
Bearing in mind the events of June 1944, it's quite surreal to see families on the golden beaches, and windsurfers all enjoying themselves in the sun in sight of huge gun batteries and concrete bunkers. Got on the coach in Hull on Monday at 4am, arrived at the hotel 21.30pm - rather that than to have had to arrived here in a landing craft under a hail of fire!
There's a veteran of the Seaforth Highlanders on the trip, kitted out in all his Scottish rig-out. He went on the beach and started playing his bagpipes, shattering the peace and scattering the French in all directions!
David
Regards, David.
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'
BVWS Member.
G-QRP Club Member 1339.
'I'm in my own little world, but I'm happy, and they know me here'







