05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Ok replaced the mains plug fitted with a 2 amp fuse and plugged in via a lamp limiter .
After 3 minuets hiss from the speaker so the audio stages are working ok, left like this for 15 minuets to see if anything was distressed.
As all looked ok I gave it full mains and am glad to say it all works well
the damage to the dial is where the volume comes through .
A wipe over the cabinet with meth's and it looks good.
PS after reassembly I found the RF filter cap that I was going to fit ,will do this if and when I can find a replacement dial
rob t click link to see video of set working aerial for vhf is sets internal one
http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/tiv48/...e.mp4.html
After 3 minuets hiss from the speaker so the audio stages are working ok, left like this for 15 minuets to see if anything was distressed.
As all looked ok I gave it full mains and am glad to say it all works well
the damage to the dial is where the volume comes through .
A wipe over the cabinet with meth's and it looks good.
PS after reassembly I found the RF filter cap that I was going to fit ,will do this if and when I can find a replacement dial
rob t click link to see video of set working aerial for vhf is sets internal one
http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/tiv48/...e.mp4.html
if its made by hand it can be repaired by hand







