03-08-2013, 03:38 PM
When I get time Al I will take a photo of how the Perspex is fixed to the unit.
The BC221 is very well engineered, the quality of the construction is superb, considering when they were designed the frequency accuracy is very good indeed when up to spec. As you probably know it's a hetrodyne jobbie, the tuning drive is first class, the frequency is referenced from the logging booklet which contains the frequency refs for all the tuning dial settings.
Made in large numbers by various US manufacturers for the WW2 contract.
The one that I have was made by Allen D. Cardwell of Brooklyn, NY.
Lawrence.
The BC221 is very well engineered, the quality of the construction is superb, considering when they were designed the frequency accuracy is very good indeed when up to spec. As you probably know it's a hetrodyne jobbie, the tuning drive is first class, the frequency is referenced from the logging booklet which contains the frequency refs for all the tuning dial settings.
Made in large numbers by various US manufacturers for the WW2 contract.
The one that I have was made by Allen D. Cardwell of Brooklyn, NY.
Lawrence.







