24-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Mike,
I wasn't aware that your G.D.O. project was intended to be run from batteries. On that basis, have you considered the alternative approach of a design using an F.E.T.? Many years ago I built one (using an F.E.T.) to a design published in the Radio Constructor: it worked very well and freq. coverage was in excess of 150 MHz. The F.E.T. was the ubiquitous 2N3819, but a 2N3823 would have been a better choice. (Aside: F.E.T's were relatively expensive back in the late 1960s, especially V.H.F. ones like the 2N3823 and 2N3824).
Al.
I wasn't aware that your G.D.O. project was intended to be run from batteries. On that basis, have you considered the alternative approach of a design using an F.E.T.? Many years ago I built one (using an F.E.T.) to a design published in the Radio Constructor: it worked very well and freq. coverage was in excess of 150 MHz. The F.E.T. was the ubiquitous 2N3819, but a 2N3823 would have been a better choice. (Aside: F.E.T's were relatively expensive back in the late 1960s, especially V.H.F. ones like the 2N3823 and 2N3824).
Al.






