08-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi,
2CV's are brilliant in snow as well Lawrence; I never ever got stuck in ours even with standard tyres fitted. Yes they are a tin snail but for a couple like Bron and me who could spend little on a car the 2CV's helped us out.
Thank Al; I'd rather post such stories just in case there is truth to them after all there are some smart criminals around and its a pity these people don't put their efforts into a worthwhile job like decent people have to. The stories generate a bit of interest so nothing is lost.
We had never considered buying a Skoda previously until David kindly mentioned them to us. We love our little Aygo but unfortunately it caused me immense back problems whilst transporting bags of aggregate; the boot lip is 11" deep making loading and unloading heavy items difficult and to add to my pain as I grabbed the bags and lifted I kept banging my head on the boot upper lip; once was bad enough but I did this many times. We were considering a Yaris but after after looking at the Skoda Fabia have settled on the Fabia for when we change cars next year. I also liked the Skoda Roomster but Bron doesn't like the shape; I was wondering how many lathes it would hold? The Fabia estate is also on my short list but the insurance is double that of the hatchback which is strange as it's virtually the same car only stretched a bit.
Skoda's have been around for a long time and if my memory is correct didn't the early Skoda's have a large diameter metal tube running under the car housing the prop shaft?
Kind regards, Col.
2CV's are brilliant in snow as well Lawrence; I never ever got stuck in ours even with standard tyres fitted. Yes they are a tin snail but for a couple like Bron and me who could spend little on a car the 2CV's helped us out.
Thank Al; I'd rather post such stories just in case there is truth to them after all there are some smart criminals around and its a pity these people don't put their efforts into a worthwhile job like decent people have to. The stories generate a bit of interest so nothing is lost.
We had never considered buying a Skoda previously until David kindly mentioned them to us. We love our little Aygo but unfortunately it caused me immense back problems whilst transporting bags of aggregate; the boot lip is 11" deep making loading and unloading heavy items difficult and to add to my pain as I grabbed the bags and lifted I kept banging my head on the boot upper lip; once was bad enough but I did this many times. We were considering a Yaris but after after looking at the Skoda Fabia have settled on the Fabia for when we change cars next year. I also liked the Skoda Roomster but Bron doesn't like the shape; I was wondering how many lathes it would hold? The Fabia estate is also on my short list but the insurance is double that of the hatchback which is strange as it's virtually the same car only stretched a bit.
Skoda's have been around for a long time and if my memory is correct didn't the early Skoda's have a large diameter metal tube running under the car housing the prop shaft?
Kind regards, Col.
Happiness is a wreck of a cabinet to restore.







