08-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Back in the late 60s my M8 tourer (1938) ran an end shortly after leaving Bristol.
I got underneath, took off the sump, Removed the offending end cap, rod and piston. fitted a screw into the oil hole on the journal. Put it all back together again, removed the plug lead and drove slowly back to Chelmsford.
Same in the Snow, when it all got too much for the wiper, put the hood down and folded the screen down on the bonnet.
I wished that it could have a heater that time though.
Mike
I got underneath, took off the sump, Removed the offending end cap, rod and piston. fitted a screw into the oil hole on the journal. Put it all back together again, removed the plug lead and drove slowly back to Chelmsford.
Same in the Snow, when it all got too much for the wiper, put the hood down and folded the screen down on the bonnet.
I wished that it could have a heater that time though.
Mike






