05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
(04-04-2013, 03:53 PM)Retired Wrote: Thanks Mark for your information; I had a quick look at the Canon MP800 but I think perhaps it is now replaced by another model as all I seem to get is cartridge prices?
The models I quoted were from 7 years ago. Have a look at the Canon website, Amazon, PC-Pro, etc to see what's current. At random, these examples looks promising:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-MG6250-Colour-Printer-Duplex/dp/B005I9JQQC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365151936&sr=8-3&keywords=canon+printer
PC Pro review: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/printers/...xma-mg6250
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA-All-In-One-Colour-Printer/dp/B007IS4W06/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1365151936&sr=8-14&keywords=canon+printer
PC Pro review: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/printers/...ixma-mx895
And a super-cheap offering:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-MG4250-Colour-Printer-Duplex/dp/B008UP0I9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1365152821&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+printer+4250
Again, reviewed by PC Pro: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/printers/...xma-mg4250
I don't know if Canon are still doing this, but on my printer, the print head is separate (like Epson), but replaceable (unlike Epson). This means that you're not having to buy a new print head with every replacement cartridge (like HP and most of the others). Mine is still using the original print head, and it has never clogged, despite long periods of non-use.
Obviously, I have no experience of any of these newer models, but if I needed a new printer today, that would be my shortlist.
Cheers,
Mark







