15-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Nick,
I wondered about a rubbish drive, but then two are behaving in the same way (I'm not going to do anything with the third until I have a solution). Of course it could be a rubbish batch and they are both faulty in the same way.......
My Windows OS is 32-bit Vista, fully up to date with Windows Updates.
When you say 'eject/dismount' as opposed to 'unplug' what exactly do you mean? Physically all I can do is unplug it. (Incidentally I have tried either one of the USB ports on the front of the computer, or on my USB hub plugged in to one of the USB ports on the back of the computer, with no difference in behaviour).
I have tried both simply unplugging it, or first going to the 'Safely remove hardware' icon and clicking on Drive K which the USB stick appears as when it is plugged in. Again, not a jot of difference.
Andy
I wondered about a rubbish drive, but then two are behaving in the same way (I'm not going to do anything with the third until I have a solution). Of course it could be a rubbish batch and they are both faulty in the same way.......
My Windows OS is 32-bit Vista, fully up to date with Windows Updates.
When you say 'eject/dismount' as opposed to 'unplug' what exactly do you mean? Physically all I can do is unplug it. (Incidentally I have tried either one of the USB ports on the front of the computer, or on my USB hub plugged in to one of the USB ports on the back of the computer, with no difference in behaviour).
I have tried both simply unplugging it, or first going to the 'Safely remove hardware' icon and clicking on Drive K which the USB stick appears as when it is plugged in. Again, not a jot of difference.
Andy







