13-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Make sure you check for water in oil properly, if it has done no miles since flooding, the water if present might not have emulsified. I do not know much about modern motors but most breathers and intakes are not designed to be flooded by a deep flood, my landrover breathers come out high up, I keep the bell housing leak plug in all the time except for a quick removal to drain any oil that might have got through the rear crank seal, then there is corrossion in the contacts and electronics, probably ok at first but once everything gets well oxidized it might be a different story. Things always happen to cars when you don't want them to.
You might be lucky, I wouldn't want to touch it unless they gave me a five year warranty.
Good luck whichever way.
Lawrence.
You might be lucky, I wouldn't want to touch it unless they gave me a five year warranty.
Good luck whichever way.
Lawrence.







