26-02-2013, 05:47 PM
I think the guy in NZ who did the R1155 restoration is the same one that I have been in touch with, he made his own ink stamps etc, we exchanged several emails, and I sent him some photo's from the Golborne Gallery (thanks Al) of some of the comms receivers which I have, I have still to send him some internals of my R1155A which he requested, to much damn DIY and not enough radio time. We initially made contact via the WS No 19 Group.
For anyone with an interest in vintage American comms receivers then this site is a must, the Western Historic Radio Museum run by Henry Rogers, he details some of his rebuilds and restorations in detail, he too is very knowledgable on the subject, here is the link to a BC348 restoration he did, there is plenty more on that site including some domestic stuff.
http://www.radioblvd.com/bc348_dynamotor.htm
He also had a rubber stamp made for the orange Signal Corps logo which is to be found on many a receiver and transmitter.
He also keeps a serial number log for these classics with a view to building up a production history, he welcomes any submisions and any odd ball production runs, he does not usually respond to general radio chit chat emails as he is a very busy guy, I submitted all my American comms receivers serial numbers to him and he replied thanking me and also gave me some production/historical info. Nice chap he is.
Lawrence.
For anyone with an interest in vintage American comms receivers then this site is a must, the Western Historic Radio Museum run by Henry Rogers, he details some of his rebuilds and restorations in detail, he too is very knowledgable on the subject, here is the link to a BC348 restoration he did, there is plenty more on that site including some domestic stuff.
http://www.radioblvd.com/bc348_dynamotor.htm
He also had a rubber stamp made for the orange Signal Corps logo which is to be found on many a receiver and transmitter.
He also keeps a serial number log for these classics with a view to building up a production history, he welcomes any submisions and any odd ball production runs, he does not usually respond to general radio chit chat emails as he is a very busy guy, I submitted all my American comms receivers serial numbers to him and he replied thanking me and also gave me some production/historical info. Nice chap he is.
Lawrence.







