29-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Nick.
It's a set I'm looking at for my antique-dealing pal. The main fault is that the flex has been repaired with a chocolate block and PVC tape, which is at least easy to sort out.
It certainly isn't worth spending anything on, and I wouldn't trust my de-soldering skills to change the driver anyway. I'll have a look around just to make sure it isn't anything daft like a dry joint; I haven't properly tackled it yet as I've been doing a TR82CL and next in the queue is a clock.
In case I didn't make myself clear yesterday, the iffy element lights at full brilliance when it should; it just doesn't go fully out when it isn't required.
I've heard about using these things as triodes before. There are certainly plenty in a display so push-pull stereo should be possible.
Thanks for the help.
- Joe
It's a set I'm looking at for my antique-dealing pal. The main fault is that the flex has been repaired with a chocolate block and PVC tape, which is at least easy to sort out.
It certainly isn't worth spending anything on, and I wouldn't trust my de-soldering skills to change the driver anyway. I'll have a look around just to make sure it isn't anything daft like a dry joint; I haven't properly tackled it yet as I've been doing a TR82CL and next in the queue is a clock.
In case I didn't make myself clear yesterday, the iffy element lights at full brilliance when it should; it just doesn't go fully out when it isn't required.
I've heard about using these things as triodes before. There are certainly plenty in a display so push-pull stereo should be possible.
Thanks for the help.
- Joe






